We at Solutions offer short-term counseling services; the length of which depends on your employer’s contract with us. Some employers offer 1-3 sessions per year. Others offer 1-6 sessions per year. If you don’t know your benefit, please ask your Solutions Counselor.
- Assessment of personal and workplace problems
- Information and Referral to appropriate resources
- Brief counseling for individuals, couples and families
- 24 hour availability for urgent matters
- Personal and Professional Life Coaching
- Website information on services and important issues
- Training, Education and Consultation
- Chemical Dependency evaluations
- Reports to track utilization, while protecting confidentiality
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing and Defusing for traumatic events
- Anonymous, confidential surveys to assess quality and effectiveness
Solutions counselors are trained at least at a Master’s Degree level and hold a certification(s) in addition to their education. Each counselor has extensive experience in mental health, chemical dependency and related fields. We do not offer specialty counseling services; we are “general practitioners”. We refer our clients to specialty services in the community when needed.
The first meeting with your counselor will involve beginning to get to know you. We do this by asking questions and listening to your responses. We will also determine together if the issue you are bringing us today can be reasonably resolved in the number of sessions your employer has provided for you. If this is not possible, we will refer you to a provider in the community covered by your insurance, or another provider of your choosing.
Solutions’ counseling sessions are 50 minutes long. They usually begin on the hour or half hour. If you arrive late we will be unable to extend your session.